A commercial HVAC system is a very large long-term investment and in order to remain a good investment it requires proper maintenance and repairs. Without proper servicing on a regular basis a commercial HVAC system can slowly cost more and more and ultimately small problems will become large problems and large expenses. Here are 5 tips to keep your commercial HVAC system running properly and efficiently.
- Cooling Maintenance Scheduling: When hot weather is waning and cold weather is on the horizon it’s the best time to take are of your commercial HVAC system cooling components. Scheduling commercial air conditioner system maintenance during the fall winter or spring, off-peak times, ensures that HVAC technicians will have no problems taking care of and maintenance and repairs. Additionally, if they need to order parts and wait a day or two for them to arrive it won’t be a major issue as the cooling system isn’t being relied on during colder weather. Winter maintenance of the cooling system also means that it will be ready to go when the warm weather arrives, so there is a lower chance of a breakdown during the summer months.
- Preventative Maintenance of a Commercial HVAC System: Preventative maintenance is one of the best ways to save money when it comes to a commercial HVAC system. Routine maintenance is essential to ensuring the efficiency and reliability of all commercial HVAC system components. It’s also a great way to discover small issues that can be repaired before they become larger problems. Regular maintenance also allows building owners and property managers the ability to budget for upcoming repairs and defer any repairs that can wait in order to stay on budget.
- Don’t Put Off A Full Replacement: While replacing a rooftop commercial HVAC system is a big initial expense it’s important to weigh the expense of ongoing repairs and maintenance of an older system against it. A new Energy Star commercial HVAC system will not only save you money with better performance than an older system, but also on maintenance and repair bills. Retrofitting an existing system is also an option in terms of improving efficiency and reducing maintenance and repair costs.
- Clean Condenser Coils: Dirty condenser coils are a major contributor to rooftop commercial HVAC system damage. Regular cleaning prevents the degradation of the cooling system and can save up to 30% on energy bills and repair costs over a 20 year period. Simple power washing is the best way to clear any debris or dirt off of the condenser coils.
- Change Filters: Manufacturer recommendations about how often commercial HVAC system filters should be changed is the best guide to know how often this action should be taken. In the spring and fall filters should be changed more often than usual as there is more dust, debris and other particles in the air that can quickly clog filters and affect performance.
Commercial HVAC System Summary
Overall, taking these 5 simple steps is a good start to ensuring that your HVAC system is running properly and efficiently year-round. For more information about commercial HVAC system maintenance or repairs in Toronto, York Region or the rest of the GTA contact Novel Care today: 416-727-5016.