Green building projects have been a trend for a number of years now. Corporations and building owners have been striving to obtain LEED standards for their buildings, not just to attract tenants, but also to reduce costs and insurance rates.
A recent study titled: “World Green Building Trends 2016, Developing Markets Accelerate Global Green Growth”, indicates that over the next 2 years the percentage of companies that will have more than 60% of their building projects LEED or green certified is going to more than double. Specifically, by 2018 37% of new building projects will be LEED or green building certified in some other way.
This growth in green buildings is being driven by developing countries and markets like Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, Saudi Arabia, China, India and South Africa. The study identifies green building projects that certify with systems such as LEED, BREEAM, DGNB and Green Star.
Key Green Building Content In The Report:
- The number of green buildings continue to double every 3 years, globally
- Brazil is projecting 6x growth in the percentage of companies that will certify green buildings (6% to 36%)
- China is expecting 5x growth in their percentage of green buildings (5% to 28%)
- Saudi Arabia is expecting a 4x growth in the percentage of companies that certify green buildings (8% to 32%)
- There is a 7% increase in value of green buildings compared to non-green buildings
- The most widely noted benefit to ensuring a green building is lower operating costs
- Commercial construction is the highest growth sector for green building projects (46%)
For more information about how commercial HVAC and other HVAC services and appliances can help your building achieve LEED status contact Commercial HVAC today: 416-727-5016.
Commercial HVAC has been providing commercial HVAC services in Toronto, York Region and the rest of the GTA for over 30 years.