As the owner of property in Toronto and the GTA, you know the importance of taking care of your investment. That means making sure everything’s running smooth for summer. Just like you want to keep the cold at bay in the winter, being able to operate in a comfortable environment during one of many heatwaves this city has to offer is crucial for potential customers. People don’t tend to hang around in a stuffy or muggy store, so you’ll want to know the signs that tell you when to look for commercial AC repair.
7 Rare Commercial AC Repair Issues
Knowing when to book someone to help with commercial ac repair starts by knowing the signs. Take a look below to get familiar with some of the more unique issues you might face.
Not enough power – Heatwaves don’t wait for you to be ready, so your ac needs to have the right output of power to keep up effectively. A light breeze just won’t due in a commercial space. Whether it’s faulty wiring, tripped breakers, or an overheated system slowing down your ac unit, you’ll need an expert to take a look.
- Old fan belt – Whether it’s squeaking or squealing, your commercial ac unit should not be making those sounds. If it does, your fan belt could be old or on the verge of snapping. Waiting to have this fixed would lead to more expensive repairs for sure.
- Leaky refrigerant – Listen for a hissing sound coming from your ac unit. This sound typically means you have a refrigerant leak, which is bad for your ac as well as the environment around the unit itself.
- This coil is frozen – To find out if your evaporator coil is frozen, you’ll need to rely on your sense of touch instead of listening for odd sounds. Check where air exits the ac unit. If it’s warm, then you have a problem which could be a result
- Not a fan of this motor – To get your money’s worth from a commercial ac unit, it should have an effective fan to circulate the air in your building. If the air is stale and stagnant as a result of poor circulation, it might be time for a new fan or commercial ac repair to correct the issue.
- Compressor problems – When your fan isn’t the problem, and you feel warm air exiting your ac unit, it could be the compressor. Since this type of commercial ac repair is never cheap, consider consulting with a professional first – like the ones at Commercial HVAC for further recommendations.
- This drain is clogged – Over time, even the most efficient commercial ac units need maintenance. Neglecting that necessity can lead to any number of debris building up in your condensate drain. This includes algae, dirt, insects, and who knows what else backing up the drainage to your ac. Rest assured, this can lead to leaks and even water damage.
Toronto Commercial AC Repair Experts
If your business is in Toronto and the GTA, you know there are a bunch of people clambering over each other to offer their services in a variety of fields. Rather than fish through the endless sea of “professionals”, consider Commercial HVAC. Our expert team has been handling the HVAC needs of Toronto and the GTA for more than 30 years now. We can help with maintenance, installation, and even commercial ac repair. Contact us to get started 416-727-5016. We’re available 24/7 as well in case of emergency. Rest assured that when it comes to commercial ac repair, we’ve got the right people to get the job done efficiently and on budget. Let us help your business stay cool this summer.